Part-time, 1-year contract
Starting date: September 1, 2022
Ashkal Alwan is seeking a dynamic and inventive Production Coordinator to oversee the planning, spatial conception, and production of upcoming events and exhibitions set to take place in the upcoming year as part of the institution’s programming.
• Work closely with artists and curators on the production of their projects
• Supervise and implement the development and setup of public programs (talks, performances, screenings)
• Assist with exhibition design, space preparation, and oversee production throughout
• Track, organize, and maintain production budgets
• Research best quotations on equipment, services, venues, etc.
• Oversee logistics pertaining to hospitality, payments, transport, shipping, etc.
• Coordinate with graphic designers, technicians, manufacturers, and other subcontractors
At least 3 years of relevant experience in the field of art, culture, and/or architecture and design
Knowledge, Capabilities, and Skills
• Knowledge of the local artistic and cultural sectors
• Knowledge of contemporary art, architecture, and design practices, conventions, and tools
• Proven ability to manage all exhibition production phases, from concept and design to construction and on-site supervision
• Knowledge of project management methodologies
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Excellent command of English and Arabic
Deadline for Applying: June 30, 2022
– Send your cover letter and resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
– Please be sure to include names of two referees with their updated contact information
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview
Photo courtesy of Ashkal Alwan and the artist Marwan Rechmaoui